[Scribus] A few questions (gradients, styles)

Chris Smith chris
Mon Sep 6 17:41:47 CEST 2004

On Sunday 05 September 2004 01:45 am, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > 1) Is it possible to apply a gradient to a text frame? So far it looks
> > to me like I have to convert text to curves in order to do that. Is it
> > possible to convert it back to text if I need to change it?
>
> It does not appear to be possible on a standard text frame at present.

I guess I'm misunderstanding the question as it seems pretty straightforward
to apply a gradient to a "text frame" (select frame > properties > colors >
edit fill color > use drop down to choose gradient). What I don't how to do,
and would like to know, is how to apply a gradient to the text itself like
that shown in the article: http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/lpt/a/5096.

Chris