[Scribus] Scribus Installation Problems

Kwasi Anim adwoa96
Mon Sep 6 06:53:10 CEST 2004

Dear All,

I am having difficulty installing scribus 1.2 on a
Debian Sid system. If I try to compile from source, I
get the following error message:
   Checking for X ... configure: error: Can't find X
includes. Please check your installation and add the
correct paths!

What are those include files called?

If I use the .deb file, I get the following error
messages:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
scribus:
  scribus depends on libcupsys2-gnut1s10
(>=1.1.20final-1); however: Package libcupsys2-gnutl10
is not installed.
Scribus depends on python-tk; however Package
python-tk is not installed.
dpkg: error processing scribus(--install):
   dependency problems -leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing: scribus.

I have tried to install all the packages not yet
installed but they fail. What do I have to do to solve
these problems?

Regards
Anim