[Scribus] A few questions (gradients, styles)

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Sep 5 07:45:35 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 04:45, Grzegorz Staniak wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Please excuse me if what I ask are FAQs, I started using Scribus just
> two days ago (I'm trying to create a graphics exhibition catalog) and
> I've tried to find answers in the on-line docs, without success so far,
> for a couple of simple questions:
>
> 1) Is it possible to apply a gradient to a text frame? So far it looks
> to me like I have to convert text to curves in order to do that. Is it
> possible to convert it back to text if I need to change it?

It does not appear to be possible on a standard text frame at present.

My approach would be to create a shape that matched the text frame and
add a gradient to that.

> 2) Does Scribus have a styles mechanism,

Paragraph and line styles, yes. I'm not aware of much else though.

>  i.e. can I assign some elements
> to a style and then change its properties to modify all those elements
> at once?

While no expert, I'm under the impression that this it not supported by
the styles mechanism. Object styles could be nice though... (*goes and
jots that down*). Currently I'm not aware of a way to do things like
alter object positions or shapes via styles.

--
Craig Ringer