[Scribus] scribus optionally use acroread to print to postscript

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Sep 1 12:34:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 16:43, Craig Ringer wrote:

> I also seem to be able to print out simple files (both text and shapes)
> fine. I'm presently trying to produce a testcase, but thought I'd
> provide this info now.

I'll be filing a bug now, as I seem to have found how to reproduce the
issue.

As an aside, if you're using CUPS support and the printer options dialog
shows up blank, the chances are the ServerName in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
is wrong - especially if you're printing to a remote CUPS server.

> This reminds me - it would be interesting to have a print option
> instructing the printer to print an error report if something goes
> wrong. That's something I've made extensive use of in Quark, especially
> when dealing with flakey EPS files from clients, and it can make a huge
> difference when trying to identify the guilty object on a document.

I should note that I am aware that good PostScript printers (such as
mine) can do this. However, it's normally a global setting which isn't
usually desirable.

--
Craig Ringer