[Scribus] Mixed Chinese and Latin fonts in Scribus

Owen Lock lock_o
Wed Oct 27 15:59:37 CEST 2004

I'm running Scribus 1.2 under Suse 9.1 and I've had no luck getting
Chinese text to show as Chinese text even when I import a properly
formatted text from OO. Anyone had better luck?

In most cases,  I'm trying to run parallel English-language translations
of Chinese articles (with illustrations), one paragraph of Chinese
followed by its English translation; in a few, paragraphs of
English-language text containing a few (10-20) Chinese characters per
paragraph.

owen