[Scribus] PDF forms and umlauts

BandiPat magicpage91
Wed Oct 27 05:00:53 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>>Teemu,
>>Try using "kpdf" to view your pdf generated files.  Adobe has not given
>>Linux an updated reader in a long time, so complain to them for that!
>>Kpdf seems to render the fonts much better and overall gives a better
>>result with pdf files.
>

> It doesnt show transparencies though. In fact, it just crashed on my pdf with
> transparencies.
>
> Craig

Hmm, well, hadn't tried that.  Craig is always on top of things!  ;o)

It uses xpdf for it's base and I just got a security update to that, so
maybe that part was fixed too.  Probably not, but at least it's getting
more attention than Adobe is giving Linux presently.  I'll have to say
though, I haven't managed to get it to crash on anything I've tried and
it does render the fonts better.

Patrick

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.1 Pro---