[Scribus] [OT] how to deal with this postscript file?

David Christian Berg david
Fri Oct 22 16:43:07 CEST 2004

On Fr, 2004-10-22 at 22:13 +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Okay, don't help me. I think I hate the DTP software and no longer
> willing to solve the problem. I found this PS file is referring
> several
> GIF files that the school's paper didn't sent to me. I wish I could
> scan
> the published paper instead.
>
> And: is it allowed for PS file to refer to outside files? I never
> ever
> seen this kind of PS file before.

Can't you ask your school to distill it to a pdf? I mean I assume that
in China everybody has the Acrobat distiller in some pirated version :)
I just was in Thailand and was shocked with how openly pirated software
was sold and used.
(this is actually one of the big threats to OpenSource: piracy. If
people get proprietary software for free, why bother using open source?)