[Scribus] Color Management on GNU/Linux ? please HELP !

linuxlingam linuxlingam
Fri Oct 22 10:38:16 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 04:24, Serge Smeesters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for my bad english...
>

> I'm using a Debian Sarge GNU/Linux system and try
> to work with Scribus for printer PDF...

debian works.

> I'm looking to have the famous Color Management featurs
> but don't find :(
>
> I've find some url :
> http://www.scribus.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1#2
>
> -> I've installed packages liblcms1 libcms1-dev and libcms-utils
[snip]

> But still no "Color Management" item in Scribus settings menu :(
>
> An important thing is that I have not find
> any program like qtmonitorprofiler !

> I've posted question about qtmonitorprofiler on
> lcms-user at lists.sourceforge.net and the reponse is :
>
>   >2) qtMonitorProfiler.exe from lcms 1.09 was available as a binary.
>   >   Did I understood it right, that the support for the
>   >   MonitorProfiler was dropped with latter versions of lcms?
>
>   That"s right, the open source LCMS profiler "lprof" (->
>   qtMonitorProfiler, etc.) has been discontinued (the last released
>   version was 1.09). And Marti"s new profiler is now only available in
>   binary format, for Windows only.

i read on the lcms list, that Marti's new profiler works with wine under
gnulinux. other people are talking about argyle that does a similar
job.  i hazard a guess that you could use a profile generated under
windows and bring the *.icm or *.icc file to gnulinux.

> So, I'm using Scribus on a GNU/Linux system (really, I'm a poor
> man, sorry) [snip]

the poor of the world use expensive, proprietory software.
those who create true wealth, share wealth for free, and with freedom.
hence, free+gpl software is priceless.

just my two-paise on this.