[Scribus] Color Management on GNU/Linux ? please HELP !

Serge Smeesters perso
Fri Oct 22 00:54:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english...

I'm using a Debian Sarge GNU/Linux system and try
to work with Scribus for printer PDF...

I'm looking to have the famous Color Management featurs
but don't find :(

I've find some url :
http://www.scribus.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1#2

-> I've installed packages liblcms1 libcms1-dev and libcms-utils

By a
# dpkg -L scribus|grep profile
I found the place for profile is
/usr/lib/scribus/profiles

I've placed in this directory some files I've found
in a Windows Monitor "Drivers" zip file :

   PLUMP19.ICM
   Square19.icm
   vivid19.icm

Also, some other file from
http://www.littlecms.com/profiles.zip

   CMY.icm
   LCMSXYZI.ICM
   SRGBSPAC.ICM
   tr01_d50.icm
   YCC601.icm
   LCMSLABI.ICM
   MONOSCNR.ICM
   sRGB Color Space Profile.ICM
   Tifflab8spac.icm
   YCC709.icm

(is it right ? what's needed ?)

But still no "Color Management" item in Scribus settings menu :(

An important thing is that I have not find
any program like qtmonitorprofiler !

I've posted question about qtmonitorprofiler on
lcms-user at lists.sourceforge.net and the reponse is :

  >2) qtMonitorProfiler.exe from lcms 1.09 was available as a binary.
  >   Did I understood it right, that the support for the
  >   MonitorProfiler was dropped with latter versions of lcms?

  That"s right, the open source LCMS profiler "lprof" (->
  qtMonitorProfiler, etc.) has been discontinued (the last released
  version was 1.09). And Marti"s new profiler is now only available in
  binary format, for Windows only.

So, I'm using Scribus on a GNU/Linux system (really, I'm a poor
man, sorry) and I'm looking for the Scribus "Color Management" because
for now, colors in PDF for printer export are to light (shift about 8%,
not only gamma correction kind)...

What should I do ?

Please, is it possible ?

Serge.