[Scribus] argh! no true duotone ink support in scribus for photos

linuxlingam linuxlingam
Thu Oct 21 14:11:10 CEST 2004

[forwarding matt's wonderful response to the mailing list, with my
response. this is regarding the cmyk + duotone gimp plugin.]

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 05:33, Matt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, I am using it quite a bit lately. And it is fake and not. When you
> work with the image you work with cmyk layers BUT when you save the
> image it is saved as a cmyk image. As to the duotone, well, no I have
> not used it at all.
>
> As to stable I have had no problems. Now, as to the issues with
> Duotone,  I don't know the specifics and suggest you try it out. I have
> never had need for it.

ok, that's a relief. feel emboldened to try it out

> Also, you should know that all you need to do to install a plugin is
> copy a file to the plug-ins directory. If it crashes, remove it. It will
> have no permanent effect on the gimp.

whew!

> Good luck,
> Matt