[Scribus] lists & border-art et al

Jeff scribus
Sun Oct 10 05:46:49 CEST 2004

Thanks.  With this info I was able to get going on a "trial" of a few
pages for my program book.

Coming from MS Publisher, I immediately missed bulleted lists, and
border-art.  Is there a way to get this kind of functionality in Scribus ?

Also, the lack of per-line interline spacing is a pain.  Doing it with
styles is not very convenient.. I'd end up with hundreds of styles
before the book was done.  I need a way to add spacing above or below
each individual paragraph to get a good "look".

Another thing that would be helpful would be to able able vertically
center text in a text frame.  For what it's worth, Quark 4 doesn't seem
to have this either.

Publisher may be crude for some needs, but for some tasks it's great.
You can make all your blocks snap together at the edges, and control
alignment and margins from those edges.  Then you can move the edges
after the fact.