[Scribus] Follow up to your earlier post

Sunil Joshi pavansut
Mon Oct 4 04:27:00 CEST 2004

Elmar:  came across your post from August, and I was curious to know if
your print results from the technique suggested by you for creating
tiff files, were satisfactory or now.  Update would be very helpful.

Thanks
Sunil

> For everybody who cares how to produce high quality TIFF for prepress
> from Scribus:
>
> To summarize: Scribus cannot export JPEG/PNG/BMP/... with more than
> approx 100 dpi true resolution - at least it seems so. But some print
> shop like to get a CYMK-TIFF to get reliable output (I would prefer
> PDF/X-3, but anyhow). scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de schrieb:
>  > Re: [Scribus] High quality export
>  > Von: Craig Ringer < craig at postnewspapers.com.au >
>  > Datum: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:05:32 +0800
>  >
>  > On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 19:29, Elmar Jobs wrote:
>  >>Is it possible to export in high quality? How?
>  >
>  > If you have Adobe Photoshop to hand, you could always use it to
>  > rasterise the EPS and save a TIFF. Simply open the PDF in Photoshop
>  >
>  > Unfortunately, I've never got satisfactory results from using
>  > GhostScript to rasterise PDFs to TIFF (though oddly, the JPEG output
>  > seems a fair bit better).
>
> I had the same problems using Ghostscript. Errors or bad quality.
>
> But there is another way on Linux:
>
> 1. Produce your layout with Scribus
> 2. Export page by page to EPS
> 3. Open EPS with Gimp, give resolution and size, strong antialias seems
> to be best
> 4. Separate with the Separation-Plugin (sorry, I have no URL for that
> at
> hand, try the plugin-registry at gimp.org).
> 5. Save separated pic as TIFF
>
> I don't have to prints so far - but I hope it worked like I seemed.
>
> Bye
>
>         Elmar
www.jayateas.com
PREMIUM TEAS FROM THE HIGHLANDS