[Scribus] Scribus Calendar Script

Henry Hartley henryhartley
Fri Oct 1 19:41:38 CEST 2004

I'll post the script somewhere tonight or over the weekend and send another
message with a link.  At this point, it just does 11x17 and uses the "URW
Palladio L Roman" font.  You'll need to edit the file to change either of
those things.  It creates a document that you can then "finish" any way you
like, adding as much or as little as you want.

Running scripts is surprisingly easy.  Just start up Scribus, click on
"Script" and then "Execute Script..." from the menu.  Navigate to the script
(when you download it, just note where you put it), click [open] and it
runs.  In this case it creates the document for you so you don't even need
to do that first.  The next time you want to run it, you can go to "Script"
and then "Recent Scripts".  I'd love any feedback you can provide.

Scribus scripts are written in Python so unless you already know at least a
little of that language you'll need a Python reference of some sort.  For
me, the easiest thing was to use the official refs at
<http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/lib/lib.html>.  If you don't know anything
about programming in general, there might be some extra homework required
first.  As for the Scribus specific pieces, you will find the "Scripter
Manual" in the Scribus "Help" menu.  But to just RUN a script, you don't
need any of that.

--
Henry