[Scribus] Update on Calendar Script

Henry Hartley henryhartley
Wed Nov 24 19:06:38 CET 2004

I've just installed Fedora Core 3 and am revisiting my calendar
script.  Although it didn't work in my old configuration, it's
working now with international (i.e. Unicode) characters.  I'm not
sure what changes, specifically, fixed this but the changes and
comments made by Elmar Jobs and others here certainly helped.

I've made a few more changes:

* You can uncomment a language name and the month and day names will
  change for you.  I've put in names for English, German, Spanish,
  French, Italian, and Portuguese (if someone who knows any of those
  languages will check my spellings, I'll be happy to fix any
  mistakes - I just got them from babelfish).  Also, if anyone sends
  me the names for any other languages I'd be happy to add them.

* In addition to the language changes, you can uncomment one of two
  page sizes (tabloid and A3).  Then, the NewDoc command and some of
  the size settings will change to whichever you selected.  If
  anyone would like to provide better defaults for these settings,
  I'll incorporate them.  Likewise, any other paper sizes can easily
  be added.

* There are a few new font, size and color settings.  For instance,
  you don't have to use the same font for everything and you can set
  the color, thickness and shading of the lines.

When the ability to ask the user for a language and paper size is
in the stable release of Scribus, I'll add that.  My understanding
is that it isn't there yet.

If anyone with access to the Scribus web site would like to post
this for the general public, that would be fine with me.  This new
version and some brief instructions can be found here:

http://www.dotrose.com/misc/computer/calendar.php

As a side note, http://www.scribus.org.uk doesn't seem to be
responding.  Problems?

--