[Scribus] symbolic links

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sun Nov 21 19:15:14 CET 2004

Scribus doesn't appear to honour symbolic links.

For example, I have a directory linked as follows:

~/docs -> /opt/user/scribus/misc/docs

I have aother directory, ~/pics (a real directory, not a symbolic link).

When i load a file from ~/docs, the selection box magically turns my
selection into /opt/buser/scribus/misc/docs

Now when I want something out of ~/pics the selection box defaults to
/opt/user/scribus/misc/docs, and I have to climb the whole darn
directory tree again to get back to ~/pics, which kind of defeats the
purpose of having made that symbolic link.