[Scribus] fake small caps

David Christian Berg david
Sun Nov 21 17:12:58 CET 2004

When a font doesn't have real small caps, they are the normal capitals
scaled to 70% of the original hight or the such. Now this way they are
too thin and don't look all that good.
I wonder what the result would be like, if you trace a letter with an
outline that varies it's thickness with the slope of the outline.
Ranging from 0 thicknes for horizontal to 100% thickness (how many pts
that are is adjustable) for vertical lines. I have no clue, it that
works, but I think it might look quite OK.
What do you think? What's possible?

David