[Scribus] Freetype 2

Chris Smith chris
Wed Nov 17 23:57:43 CET 2004

Hello,

Just a note to say that I've had no real problems using the latest freetype2
development builds with my system (2.1.10 alpha's/pre's or whatever). I have
been using them for over a month now.
Also in Gentoo-land the latest Firefox ebuild 1.0-r3 is now patched to build
properly against the newer freetype2 packages (w00t!).
There are still some packages that wont build against the newer freetype2's
but so far I've been succesful installing the older freetype build (2.1.5-r1)
temporarily to build those packages and then reinstalling the latest dev
build.
In a nutshell, although some packages wont build against the newer freetype2
they do seem to run fine with it (although I'm sure I just haven't found
those that break).
For anyone interested, there are a couple of freetype and scribus-cvs ebuilds
that I have hacked together (standing on the shoulders of giants - little of
the effort is actually mine) at http://realcomputerguy.com/scribus/, they
work fine for me but no guarantees.

Chris