[Scribus] Fwd: scribus failures under Mandrake Linux 10.1

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Nov 17 11:24:22 CET 2004

Forwarding to user mailing list:

Subject: scribus failures under Mandrake Linux 10.1
Date: Wednesday 17 November 2004 10:18
From: Gerald Hooper <ghphpr at ntlworld.com>
To: scribus at bit-consulting.net

Hi Group
In the latest edition of Linux Format they discuss the DTP system Scribus 1.2
I had a look at this and decided to try and install the product under my
Mandrake 10.1 OS.
In this process I came across a problem in the Scribus requires freetype 2.
I downloaded both the scribus-1.2 and freetype-2.1.9 from the Scribus Web
Page. I also arranged proper access to gcc for compilation purposes. While I
could get the freetype-2.1.9 to compile OK from the configuration/make tools
provided the equivalent configure file in scribus-1.2 tells me that I need
freetype2 to be installed even although I had provided it with the proper
PATH for access purposes. Now I know that Mandrake actually uses
freetype-1.3.1 which the scribus configure shell script seems to be picking
up. Has anyone come across this problem and have any ideas on a possible way
forward without mucking up my Mandrake System?

Thanks

Gerry Hooper