[Scribus] How To - 4 page document

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Nov 3 20:48:06 CET 2004

Russ a ?crit :

> I am in the process of converting from MS Publisher to Scribus. I'm trying to
> create a four page bulletin (8.5x11) where page 1 & 4 wind up on one side of
> a 11x17 page and 2 &3 on another when its printed. In publisher I created
> each set of pages side by side then exported it to PDF. The PDF is then taken
> to the copy center.
> I've created the pages but I'm not sure how to get them together. Do I just go
> in the sequence 1,4,2,3 or what since inserting the pages to the document
> does not show them side by side.
>
> Hope someone can help. And thanks in advance.

Hi Russ,

Your copy center should be able to handle this without any problem.
Could be a good idea to ask them first. If you were to send your file
over here, I would ask you to create your PDF in the order of reading,
1-2-3-4 and I would simply impose this 4-page document as a folder, so
(4-1) (2-3), before output. If you mix the order of the pages thinking
you're going to help, don't forget to tell your printer which page is
which. Just in case... Oh, and do ask for a sample copy before the whole
run starts.

HTH

Louis