[Scribus] It took quite a long time to load Chinese fonts

Vladimir Zborowski vladimir
Sat May 29 20:12:24 CEST 2004

I'm working on a project in chinese under scribus at the moment, and 
it's nearly to completion.
Ihad tried the Simun.ttf and Simhei.ttf fonts but they didn't work for 
me at all. So I used AR PL Kaitim BG Regular and AR PL Sungtil BG 
Regular, and it takes 5 seconds to load them the first time you use them 
on a rather modest system (PIII 800MHz, 256Mo Ram).
May be you could try them.
Hope this helps.

Kite Lau wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>I am new to this group, but I have been using scribus for quite a while
>creating some manuals and packaging layouts. Thanks for this great
>program. I tried to input Chinese characters within scribus and found
>that for the first time, it takes quite a long time to load Chinese
>fonts. Scribus seemed to be in a standstill til fonts were out there. As
>soon as a font had been loaded once, it was very responsive though when
>selecting the same fonts again. The font name is Simsun.ttf and
>SimHei.ttf that I tested with. And the version of scribus is 1.1.6.
>Scribus mailing list
>Scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de

More information about the scribus mailing list