[Scribus] Scribus Feature Requests and Discussion

Craig Ringer craig
Mon May 24 06:30:12 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 16:05, Jon Phillips wrote:

> Anyway, if there is anyway at least to support dynamic updating of RTF's
> which contain style markup, or any plugins, this would be greatly
> beneficial! I really want to have like 10 text files that other
> individually maintain in CVS, and then one master Scribus document that
> I can just hit update and the texts are changed in the master. This
> would make design so much simpler!!!

This is something I, too, have been interested in. I haven't yet been
able to figure out how it could work when the "story" file includes a
headline, etc, though. Sure, the text could be updated ; but the DTP
user would still need to re-style everything, possibly add or remove
linked text boxes, etc.

I suspect that to be most useful, such a feature would want an input
markup that permitted some content to be flagged so it would be ignored.

> I think Quark and Indesign have
> this implemented in a similar manner.

If Quark does it, I'd love to know how. Maybe it was added in Quark 5 or
6 (but that'd mean getting something for your upgrade money, so I'm not
convinced), but all I have been able to find is the usual linked image
ability.

Craig Ringer