[Scribus] Tutorial and page numbers.

John Culleton john
Mon May 24 01:28:22 CEST 2004

Well I have worked my way to page 12 of the 24 page tutorial
by Nyan Bhusan and I need to ask my first question about
the instructions in the tutorial. That means the tutorial
is excellent BTW. Usually I am lost long before this.

 I tried to put the page numbers on the left and right page
templates per the instructions. The instructions say
"Ctl+#" without the quotes of course. So I held down the Ctl
and the shift and keyed #. That put the # character there
in the text block for the footer.

However when I insert e.g., page 2 in the document using the
template the # remains and there is no substitution of a
page number.

What am I missing?
--
John Culleton