[Scribus] Documentation

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon May 24 00:36:27 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 01:27, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 17:26, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> >

> >>I think we can all understand the size of the job of updating the
> >>documentation for Scribus.  What I am wondering is why the documentation
> >>isn't being done and made available in some kind of modular format,
> >>especially considering the ever-changing nature of the CVS version.
> >>

> >Well.. if theres no docs.. ask, or play and learn..
> >
> >Meanwhile.. we are in the process of rewriting those docs and creating a
> >new website for them, to be released with 1.2. (as has been said before
> >on the list! more than once!)
> >
> >Some features arent finished yet, or finished between developers
> >releases.. why should we write user docs for an unfinished feature....
> >
> >Please..
> >
> >Craig
> >

> I'm asking, I'm playing, I'm learning, I'm playing...
>
> <butmoreseriously>
> My counterpoint would be two things,
> 1. If Scribus itself were released after it was 'done', it wouldn't be
> out yet.

Well.. its NOT really released.. unless you are running 1.0.x you are
running a DEVELOPMENT version. This might mean we change how a feature
works completely from one day to the next, or remove a feature and
replace it with a better more functional version which would invalidate
the docs completely.

> 2. It's possible that in the process of writing about a feature, one can
> realize, 'you know, that's not really the way it should be...'

As above.. the docs are being rewritten with the 1.2 release in mind,
not with 1.1.6 or 1.1.7,8,9 or a release candidate in mind.

Craig