[Scribus] little CMS

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun May 23 21:39:18 CEST 2004

Having now tried several times to figure out how to use little CMS, I
have no idea what else to try.

I have downloaded and compiled lcms, downloaded and installed RPMs
(including lcms-utils), and while I end up with various files installed
on my computer, I don't have any clue how to use lcms.  The lcms website
is of no help unless one is willing to program in C.

The Scribus site refers to something called "qtmonitorprofiler", which I
would normally expect would be an invocable executable, yet it does not
seem to exist as such.  I can find some doc files that are in
subdirectories of .../qtMonitorProfiler/... but nothing helpful.

My assumption at this point is that either lcms has changed and that the
documentation on Scribus is out of date, or that the documentation
applies to Windows.

Perhaps the Scribus site should stop advocating the use of lcms unless
the documentation is either upgraded and/or improved.

Greg Pittman