[Scribus] Where do the shapes live?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat May 22 04:10:34 CEST 2004

I've just done a presentation in Scribus >> PDF, and since it was about
neuroanatomy (I can't help it, I'm a neurologist) I was trying to keep
it lively by inserting some figures with cartoon balloons. It actually
worked quite well -- what I did was make a text frame, change its shape,
and there you go...and you can edit the text with Story Editor.

I ended up using one of the sort-of "D" shapes, then editing the shape
to a cartoon balloon (it seemed to help to start out with a shape with a
mix of a rounded area and straight lines).  As soon as I had one, I
could then copy and paste, enlarge/shrink for more/less text, flip it
this way or that.

What would be nice would be to save that shape to use again in another
document (why, you could make an anime in Scribus if you wanted to!),
but I don't  know where the shapes are in scribus -- is it possible to
either replace one of the existing shapes or add another? And BTW, now
that Scribus has the very nice shape editor built in, there probably
isn't such a need for the variously rotated standard shapes, since any
one will do the job of many.

Greg Pittman