[Scribus] bloat in file

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat May 15 21:32:34 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 20:58, David Christian Berg wrote:
> Are you guys aware of scribus bloating and slowing down the files? Just
> take a look at the extract from the sla file.
> It's cvs version from 28th of April, I'm using... the debian build.
> I actually selected the whole paragraph and set the font!
>
> Where can I file a bug? Is a bug filed on this?

What you are looking at is not actually bloat. This is the way that
Scribus allows you to keep hyphenation across platforms and across
languages. The paragraphs/words are broken up into their parts and are
stored in such a way that the hyphenation can be faithfully reproduced
in a non native Scribus, eg, English hyphenation reproduced in a Czech
system. Scribus only stores the paragraphs this way if auto hyphenation
is turned on or if you hyphenate the frame. This is not a bug.

As for filing bugs, bugs.scribus.net is the place to do that.

regards
Craig