[Scribus] About drop caps

Mardigrafe - Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon May 10 20:04:08 CEST 2004

Hi all,

The recent addition of a drop caps feature in January was followed by a few bug reports, one of which is bug 419 [drop-caps mis-aligns text across columns in a text-frame]. The bug has a status of fixed and closed. Only, I cannot see a trace of this bug # in the recent cvs description and I just installed this week-end the 06-05-2004 version only to discover issues using the drop caps feature, one of which, by the example files provided on that report, is the exact same as described in # 419.

On top of that, I have experienced other issues :
a) Edit (change) the initial letter right from within the text box : the drop cap remains as big but doesn't "drop" anymore (stays on the baseline of the first line).
b) When you apply "lock to grid" feature, an extra and blank line appears under the drop cap (when set to 3 lines, it actually "opens" 4 lines but the drop cap lies on the third baseline of the paragraph)
c) If you want to add a letter right after the drop cap, that 2nd letter will be formatted like the drop cap and both won't "drop" anymore.

There is another issue but a picture will tell more than words so I will post an example file tonight.

All this to say, do you want me to post a new bug, or add a note to 419 or is this fixed but was not added yet to the latest cvs, and anyhow, is someone getting the same behaviour from this feature?

Thank you!

Louis

--

MARDIGRAFE INC.