[Scribus] Hi...

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sat May 8 04:34:10 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 22:05, Wesley T Allen wrote:
> Hi Gang, I just downloaded the latest CVS version.  It looks AWESOME, so
> far I've got one bug...
>
> Right-clicking on a frame and dragging to another position doesn't bring
> up the copy dialog.  It either does nothing, or freezes scribus.  It's
> not something I use often, but it's a bug...

This is a known bug that Franz, Craig and I have spent considerable time
debugging this evening until almost 3:30 am for Craig and Franz...

See: http://bugs.scribus.net/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000045

for part of the issue.

Desktop Drag and Drop can be fixed with some patches which are already
in the latest SuSE Qt3.3.2 RPMS and Fedora Qt 3.3.2 RPMS. I do not know
about Mandrake and others. I can say on SuSE 9.0 with Qt 3.3.2 it now
works perfectly, I can drag and drop PDFs, EPS files even from Star
Office right into Scribus.

The drag on the Scribus canvas is related, but not yet fixed.

In short it is (we think) a bug deep in the drag and drop code in Qt
3.3.x. We can't trigger it in Qt 3.1.x and so far brief tests 3.2.1 and
3.2.3 does not show it. Craig has filed a bug with Trolltech and we will
see what happens.

It would be really helpful if users who have 3.2.x versions report if
they have this crash. Only 3.2.x versions are of interest.

We know all 3.3.x versions so far are affected.

> Also, how do I compile scribus-docs from cvs?

You can't at the moment. There is not yet a scribus-docs cvs module.
Probably after 1.2 is released.