[Scribus] Distribute/Align a grouped selection

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sun May 2 15:13:56 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

Before posting the following as a bug, I thought of asking you what
you think of it. I may be wrong. Any comments will help.

The Distribute/Align feature works even when objects are grouped,
within the grouped items. For instance, say you have 5 pictures with
5 legends. Each pic is grouped with its own legend so you have 5
groups. You want each group to be exactly positionned apart from each
other. No problem, this is an easy task for the Distribute/Align
command. But I realized that applying a Distribute/Align command to a
number of grouped objects will also distribute/align objects within
each group. I think this is wrong. For the Dist/Align feature, the
group should be considered as one object and thus the command should
apply only to the groups.

Any comments on that?

Have a nice day!

Louis