[Scribus] Imposition

el Sismógrafo , S.L. sismi
Wed Mar 31 16:59:25 CEST 2004

>I propose that it does NOT split off from the mailing list, or from the
>main website in any way at all. Its good to keep all communication in
>one place and there are many interested people from the low end too (ie
>those supplying docs to printers), and many who have no clue about what
>you want to achieve but have the time to code something given a spec.

I just don't want to become off-topic, that's why I propose the SIG. Ok, I am
honestly impressed by the speed of development of Scribus, but this is the
exception to the rule. Look at Sketch, it is excelent software but
development is really slow, and I have seen enough projects starting with a
lot of enthusiam that died because expectations were hight and coding was
simply absent - so I just want to avoid that.

I will sit down this weekend and try to bang ideas into shape. I will try to
make an introduction of what imposing is and  how it can be integrated into
Scribus. I will also discuss a couple of approaches and put the whole thing
on the web. This way everybody may get an idea and an opinion if it is worth
the trouble.

See you next week.