[Scribus] Imposition is a way to put Scribus in a strongpositionat the professional publishing game

Mardigrafe - Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Tue Mar 30 22:48:32 CEST 2004

Hello everyone,

I think imposition is a very big chunk to swallow. Don't get me wrong : I don't say it is impossible! This is real prepress stuff. It leads into the court of trapping and ripping and imposing.

Imposition itself is customized to each job, each fold, each paper size, each press, each printing technology (web, offset, flexo, digital...), each type of finition and binding, number of pages, colors, and so on.

Also, it is a matter of dealing with all sorts of file type, and dealing with them well.

Imposition is a dragon!

Now, if you think it should be adressed by the Scribus Team, go ahead!

I do think it is a different (but related) project. A plug-in? A stand-alone app?

It all depends on how far you think it should go.

With all my admiration and deep respect!

Louis Desjardins
--

MARDIGRAFE INC.
T?l 514.934.1353