[Scribus] Qt 3.3.1 crashes Scribus and X-Server

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Mar 30 14:40:55 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 13:49, Morten Langlo wrote:
> tir, 30 mar, 2004, 13:19:51 +0200, skrev Craig Bradney:
> > On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 12:36, Morten Langlo wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I just compiled qt3.3.1 and found that Scribus and the X-server
> > > both crash when I use the zoom-function, if I push the "big mountain"
> > > they crash immediately, and if I increment the zoom slowly (about 30
> > > pushes on the uparrow to the left of the mountain icons) they both
> > > crash when the page get a certain size!
> > >
> > > The only error I see is:
> > > Fatal server error
> > > Caught signal 11
> > > server aborting
> > >
> > > Has anyone seen this, I use:
> > > Slackware 9.0 (Xfree86 4.3.0)
> > > and both qt 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 do this.
> >
> > Not issue here on Qt 3.3.0-r1 on Gentoo. Would you be able to send me a
> > copy of the document so I can try it here? What Scribus are you running?
> > 1.1.5? 1.1.6? CVS?
> >
> > Craig
>
> 1.2cvs Buils-ID March 2004 C-C-T
>
> Tried with an empty document and a document with just one textframe
> with one word, it crashes in the same way.

Can you perhaps send an strace and/or gdb output of the crash? If you
run Scribus from the command line is there anything output there?

> I can not see which crashes first, and there is no emergency-save of
> the document.
>
> If it make a difference if the document is made with Scribus running
> with qt 3.3.1 or 3.2.3, I have to install qt 3.3.1 again to make
> the document. Do you want me to do this?

There shouldnt be any difference. Ive moved docs in Scribus built with
3.1.x to 3.2.x and now to 3.3.0 with no issues.

Craig