[Scribus] Qt 3.3.1 crashes Scribus and X-Server

Morten Langlo mlanglo
Tue Mar 30 13:49:15 CEST 2004

tir, 30 mar, 2004, 13:19:51 +0200, skrev Craig Bradney:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 12:36, Morten Langlo wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I just compiled qt3.3.1 and found that Scribus and the X-server
> > both crash when I use the zoom-function, if I push the "big mountain"
> > they crash immediately, and if I increment the zoom slowly (about 30
> > pushes on the uparrow to the left of the mountain icons) they both
> > crash when the page get a certain size!
> >
> > The only error I see is:
> > Fatal server error
> > Caught signal 11
> > server aborting
> >
> > Has anyone seen this, I use:
> > Slackware 9.0 (Xfree86 4.3.0)
> > and both qt 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 do this.
>
> Not issue here on Qt 3.3.0-r1 on Gentoo. Would you be able to send me a
> copy of the document so I can try it here? What Scribus are you running?
> 1.1.5? 1.1.6? CVS?
>
> Craig

1.2cvs Buils-ID March 2004 C-C-T

Tried with an empty document and a document with just one textframe
with one word, it crashes in the same way.

I can not see which crashes first, and there is no emergency-save of
the document.

If it make a difference if the document is made with Scribus running
with qt 3.3.1 or 3.2.3, I have to install qt 3.3.1 again to make
the document. Do you want me to do this?

Thanks you very much for your fast reply!

Morten

--
Morten Langlo
8550 Ryomg?rd