[Scribus] type input very slow, CPU at 100%

VANEK Petr Petr.VANEK
Mon Mar 29 16:35:59 CEST 2004

> When typing, the text output is very slow.  If I type the previous
> sentence, I'll be finished before the word 'When' is displayed.
> CPU usage goes to 100%, the process load is extremely high,
> too, and there is major hard-disk activity going on. Now I have
> no idea how Scribus is designed, but would it (by any chance)
> be trying to save the file to disk at every key-stroke?

yep. Direct typing in Scribus has to be slower than common text editor
because of text internal structures (imagine the text as a lot of
characters objects with A LOT OF properties...). But the 100% load
is strange.
Can you send us the "top" output from your desktop running Scribus
with this load?

cheers
petr