[Scribus] Layer Lock (was Re: Unneccessary Character Duplication)

ephemeron ephemeron
Mon Mar 29 01:49:04 CEST 2004

On 26. March 2004 at 3:40PM -0500,
Peter Linnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com> wrote:

> On Friday 26 March 2004 03:22 pm, David Alston wrote:
> > Greetings!
> >
> >      I'm fairly new to Scribus, but I've picked it up fast.
> >      I've been using it to make fliers and posters for
> >      college campus events.
> >
> >      I use the layers option extensively (coming from a GIMP
> >      background), but can't figure out how to select objects
> >      across multiple layers.
>
> You can't - by design.
>
> Layers are not only for stacking, but also to protect against
> accidently moving objects.

It needn't be.  IRC in CorelDraw you can select objects across
layers.  To protect against objects being accidentally moved,
CorelDraw has an option to lock layers.  This design feature
isn't much different from having (as Scribus does now) options to
print or hide layers.