[Scribus] Release of Scribus 1.1.6

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sun Mar 28 23:30:16 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 12:40, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Hi Franz,
> I don't want to spoil this moment, but I think, we would all have been better
> off, if we (at least the translators) had known about the upcoming
> release a few days ahead. It would give us a chance to catch up with our
> translations. I've just compiled the new 1.1.6 version and launched it
> with "scribus -lang pl" - all main menu options like File, Edit, Style
> etc. are now in English, the same happens with the Finnish, Ukrainian,
> Russian and other localised versions :-( Since it certainly worked
> properly with the cvs version from 23.03.2004 (the last I've looked at),
> would it perhaps be possible to look into it in the next few days and
> release a corrected 1.1.6 version then?
>
> best regards
> Maciej

<snip>

Hi Maciej,

This was truly a surprise to us as well. This was sparked by Franz
meeting people from SuSE at CeBit. We had less than 72 hours to prep a
release - at a *really* busy time for all of us involved. So a string
freeze and advance notice was one of those things which were
un-intentionally missed.

One thing for translators to be aware of also is that Craig Bradney and
I have been going through the entire code adding Tool Tips. see
http://scribus.bradney.info/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000077

Some of these strings are actually quite long, but our aim was to get
these done long before 1.2 is out. My guess is we are 75%-85% finished.
When this bug is closed, I will send a reminder to all the translators,
which will give translators a really decent amount of time for
translating and clarifying any definitions/phrases.

Cordially,
Peter