[Scribus] Compilation problems

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Mar 23 23:03:54 CET 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 04:51 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I had no problems building Scribus on my notebook running Slackware-9.1,
> but I'm having fits trying to build 1.1.5 on my Red Hat-7.3 workstation.
> The error log from 'make' is attached.
>
>   I had to grab the librsvg and librsvg-devel packages and install them,
> then tell scribus' Makefile to look in the proper directory for the
> libart_lgpl files, but now I'm rather stuck.
>
>   Feedback greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Scribus at least does not use librsvg..

You get rpms for 2.3.16 libart_lgpl here: http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

you *both* the regular and devel rpm.

Also, RH 7.3  will need to have an updated GCC 3.0. Scribus 1.1.2+ will not
compile properly without a GCC 3.x  compiler. You can try GCC 3.0.4, but all
bets are off 3.2+ is highly recommended and works.

Hope that helps,
Peter