[Scribus] Rotis: font-problem

Ralf Höling hoeling
Sun Mar 21 12:34:49 CET 2004

Hi!
Am 21.03.2004 um 12:16 schrieb Craig Bradney:

>>> I will try.
>> I tried with all tricks (compressing with stuffit, installing stuffit
>> for windows, etc.) but it doesn't work :-(
>> So I can't imagine that any dtp-professional would throw all his
>> expensive fonts away and buy new ones, even if they were available
>> just
>> to work with Scribus. And what I can't understand is that theese fonts
>> work without any problem on the same machine also under X11 with
>> Inkscape.
>> Don't get me wrong, I like Scribus very much and there are great
>> improvements, but as long as most of my fonts don't work in Scribus I
>> can't use it. I hope in the future the font-management will be as good
>> as in Inkscape or sodipodi.
>
> Wait until Inkscape 0.38 for a comparison of the font systems. Their
> system is getting a rewrite and will be more like the Scribus one. Then
> we can compare. These fonts may not work in Inkscape then either.

You're kidding? Why make something worse? O.K. Scribus is for Linux and
not for Mac so I must not complain, but I like not only the opensource
idea but also Scribus. So it's sad to here that I won't be able to use
most of my fonts neither in scribus nor in Inkscape in the future, or
did I get something wrong?

Ralf