[Scribus] Distance of Text with a Curve

Wayne Maeda iw
Thu Mar 18 11:05:29 CET 2004

I notice that when working with a curved text box (curved left border), as the
"Distance of Text" left margin gets larger and larger, the left text edge
reverts to a straight vertical edge rather than following the curve of the
border. This is found in the "Distance of Text" boxes under the "Shape"
Button.

I tried a workaround where I placed a curved object next to the left edge of
the text frame in order to force the text to follow a curve but this will not
work if you have indents defined in the paragraph styles. As one gets farther
from the center of the curve, the indents get weaker and weaker until they
disappear.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I need to have hanging indents all
along the left side of a curved text frame.

Thanks,
Wayne
Scribus 1.1.5