[Scribus] Isolating a CVS install

VANEK Petr Petr.VANEK
Wed Mar 17 15:20:47 CET 2004

> OK, I've been hearing about all the fun of the cvs builds,
> but I'm actually
> producing a few things using 1.1.5 I'd like to play with the
> cvs, but I'm
> afraid I will end up with something unworkable for the jobs
> I've committed to
> do. I don't have the luxury of another machine to play with -
> how can I isolate
> an installation of cvs versions for 'experimentation'?

when you download cvs sources into any directory.
you can do there:
1) make -f Makefile.dist
2)./configure --prefix=/home/yourhomedir/place_where_you_want_to_install_cvs_version
3) make
4) make install

you can run then
/home/yourhomedir/place_where_you_want_to_install_cvs_version/bin/scribus

e.g.
I've got following situation:
gentoo ebuild 1.1.5 installed in /usr
daily cvs in /home/subzero/devel/SCRIBUS
1.0.1 in /home/subzero/devel/1scribus

petr