[Scribus] SCD2PDF

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Mar 16 15:53:30 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 15:22, Michael Below wrote:
> Seil Marc <marc.seil at tudor.lu> writes:
>
> > I took the initialisation procedures of the scribus main.cpp file and after
> > the pdf. The GUI by now is reduced to the splash
> > screen, pdf export menu and file select window. In a next step I would like to
> > remove all the gui functionalities and create a command line tool to
> > generate the pdfs. At the moment I think that the initialisation
> > procedure ( limiting to non gui functionalities) will be the hardest, due to
> > the fact that I'm new to the scribus internals.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to add an option to the normal scribus
> program?  You are creating a separate tool that would need separate
> maintenance. Why not add an option "--export-pdf" to scribus, which
> would cause scribus to open no window etc.? Then you wouldn't need to
> remove any gui functionality.

Scribus is quite tightly bound to the GUI. If you can cut down the
program to remove all the interactive part of the GUI then you might be
onto something, as it stands right now, the program will not support an
--export-pdf function.

It seems many people want this. Please go to bug #238 and post your idea
and aims for this functionality. It would be good for one method to be
created that solved all the peoples wishes in one go.
http://scribus.bradney.info/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000238

regards
Craig