[Scribus] Insert Table feature

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Mar 16 15:48:16 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 15:06, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Peter Linnell wrote:
>
> >On Monday 15 March 2004 10:17 pm, Ted Powell wrote:
> >

> >>Where should I look, please, to learn about using the Insert Table
> >>feature in Scribus-1.2cvs?
> >>
> >>Thanks!
> >>

> >My hard drive.. ;)
> >
> >This was just coded last night and it is still not feature complete.
> >
> >Expect some docs on this pretty soon. I have already started writing up some
> >hints.
> >

> This is good to know -- Tables in Scribus has some very interesting
> features (and I do mean features), like being able to independently
> resize the individual cells.  As far as I could tell, at the moment the
> cells can contain only text -- is this right?

They are in effect, just normal frames with some extra features.
Control-Alt click on them and then right click Convert to Picture Frame.
They will get more features and tighter controls that just being grouped
frames but its started now.. watchout.. the large snowball at the top of
the hill called "Scribus Tables".

> I also was playing around with shape edit, with its inkscape/sodipodi
> like interface -- fascinating! Are the edited shapes save-able? This is
> another instance where having a clipboard-like feature would be very useful.

The shapes arent yet savable.

> And, speaking of documentation -- the closest I can find at
> www.scribus.net is for version 1.1.2 (?) Perhaps as important or more
> important than a separate 'document' would be built-in explanatory tool
> tips -- for example, Ctrl + right-click might show you a list of
> keyboard/clicking ways to alter/manipulate whatever it is you're working
> on at the time.

Tooltips have now been added for the Properties palette (any missing or
changed for tables will be updated once tables are somewhat stable in
terms of features) and have been added for the General Preferences
window. As time goes we will get to all of the dialogs.

Craig