[Scribus] qt (Bandi Pat's list)

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Mar 16 01:02:58 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 15:13, bart at solozone.com wrote:
> I think only qt3 (=for me qt3-3.3.1) and qt3-devel are really necessary. In SuSE these packages come separately. The others are useful, though for other things.
> In particular qt-mt or qt-static are not needed here, correct?
> But I have them, too.

I fairly sure, by default, SuSE Qt rpms are built with -mt
(multi-threading) by default (KDE and Scribus both require -mt)

One important note for SuSE users with Qt 3.3.1. Make sure you have the
3.3.1-2 versions of the Qt rpms. This fixes a long-standing issue with
drag and drop from Konqueror and KDE Desktop to Scribus. With this
version of Qt, drag and drop works perfectly in Scribus including
PDF,EPS etc..

Qt 3.1.x is not affected. Qt 3.2.x to 3.3.1 is affected.

RedHat/Fedora does not have these fixes yet, which will probably go into
Qt 3.3.2. I have submitted a bug to RH to include this in their next
release of Qt.

> FYI I have got the libsig and libsigc-devel that are needed for inkscape 0.37. All of these are rpm. I install inkscape OK.

Cool, I built the SuSE rpms for Inkscape, with some help from Bandi Pat.
Make sure you have the latest 0.37-4 rpms from the Inkscape.org site.
The -3 and -4 versions have some tweaks to make work better.

Regards,
Peter