[Scribus] Groups and guides [was: Text frame with single line?]

Wayne Maeda iw
Sat Mar 13 11:14:50 CET 2004

On Saturday 13 March 2004 01:04 am, ephemeron wrote:

> On 10. March 2004 at 6:46PM +0100,
>
> Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> > > Whoa!  That came in under the radar -- when did we get
> > > Grouping? (works great, too!)
> >
> > Changelog says 10.11.2001 with various updates more recently.
> > Group/Ungroup appeared in the menu in November 03
>
> Having "Snap to guides" on ruins the grouping (cvs of 3-4 days
> ago).  Is there a way to disable "Snap to guides" for just the
> members of the group?  That is, have the group as a whole (and
> not the members of the group) snap to the guides.

This has been a problem for a while now. Not only "Snap to guides" but "Snap
to grid" too. With either of them turned on, they interfere with groups, the
moving of multiple selections, import of multi-object svg images, the
duplicate(s) command, and the x&y position boxes within geometry of the
Properties window, to name a few. It's best to keep both "Snaps" turned off
unless you're dealing with single objects for the most part; although moving
a single object with the x or y position boxes can be a pain with the "Snaps"
turned on, especially if the object is close to a guideline.

Wayne