[Scribus] svg check, a suggestion

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sat Mar 13 17:20:01 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 03:25, Holger Jopp wrote:
> Hi list, hi scribus team.
> When I red that the scribus-team and the inkscape-team are planning to make
> the svg
> handling between both apps better, I noticed that I maybe knoe the right
> file to start
> with that. The file is called -seehearspeak_10x6.svg and shows tree penguins
> doing
> the see-nothing-hear-nothing-speak-nothing-thing. The file can be found
> here:
> http://dugnet.com/klown/wallpaper/viewpaper.php?id=seehearspeak
> I assume that this file was created with inkscape or sodipodi which is
> compareable. The
> yellowish/orange-colored parts of the pengus noses and feet are turned to
> white
> ovale ground when imported in scribus. Jutst open up the file in inkscape
> and inport it
> to scribus (current CVS) and you will see what I mean. Wouldn't that be a
> good start
> for cleaning up the svg code differences between inkscape and scribus?

I can't test it at the moment, as w3c.org is moving their website server
this weekend, so the SVG validator is unavailable.  But a quick look at
the file shows some non-standard extentions which might affect the
import of the SVG into Scribus. This file was created with an earlier
version of Sodipodi.

Still, I have added a bug for tracking and will send it to the inkscape
developers for testing.

> Finally, there's nothing left to say than: good work guys! Hold the track
> you're on a
> very impressing way. With every new CVS I feel a little bit more blown away.
>
> Congratulations.
> Best regards,
> Holger

Thanks,