[Scribus] install problem under RH8

BandiPat magicpage91
Fri Mar 12 18:00:41 CET 2004

LinuxLingam wrote:
> hi!
>
> am trying to install scribus 1.1.5 under my redhat8 system.
> i have the following versions of resources-required installed:
[...]
> i receive the following errors in the tail-end of the screen dump. (have
> archived the full output for reference, too).
>
> ***
> make[3]: *** [shadebutton.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/scribus/scribus-1.1.5/      scribus'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/scribus/scribus-1.1.5/      scribus'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/scribus/scribus-1.1.5'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> ***
>

> the problem quite stumps me. needless to say, running make install is
> unfruitful.
>
> fyi, i had to re-run the above sequence to collate the problems to
> document in this email.
>
> so how do i get scribus installed?
> a few weeks/months ago, had faced a similar problem with the earlier
> version of scribus. have been trying to get scribus to run on my pc
> since circa september 2003, with no luck.
>
> please help.
>
> ??
> LL
****************

LL,

Look a bit earlier before you get this stoppage for the real error.
Usually what you have posted is the stopping point, but not the error
that the compile has run into earlier.  Peter is suspecting your libart
version, which you may find is the problem, but browse back a bit after
you get the stoppage and see what the "error" was.  Scribus has been
very friendly compiling for most everyone, so it should work as well for
you, once you find what you need on your system.  That's one of the many
things I think we have to commend all the developers for, making Scribus
very system friendly.  Of course, there are other things too, but we
won't go into that right now!  ;o)

Patrick

--
           ---SuSE Linux v9.0 Pro---