[Scribus] Scribus crashes with some ghostscript .pfa fonts

Javier Marcet lists
Tue Mar 9 09:38:40 CET 2004

Hi there,
today I've chased down a absolutely odd crash (Segmentation fault while

I'm using Qt 3.3.1, KDE 3.2 and kernel 2.6.4-rc2

The first thing I tried was recompiling wihout any kind of optimization
(I use Gentoo), but that didn't help at all.

Thus I ended up stracing it (which I should have done in the first
place), and I saw it crashed while opening some fonts I had on
/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript

The next thing I did was moving that folder out and, at last, Scribus
loaded correctly. Then, I began to move back all the fonts until I found
the ones which made Scribus crash. I don't know if any of them has any
problem, but you can grab them compressed from:
http://www.marcet.info/files/ghostscript-crashing.tar.bz2

Each of these fonts (.pfa all of them) come with a few .gsf files under
the same name. I guess they might be needed for you to check them but I
have not included them in the attached archive at the moment. If you
want a copy, tell me so :)

The fonts come from the ghostscript distribution.
You can find the original archive on:
ftp://ftp.easysw.com/pub/ghostscript/gnu-gs-fonts-other-6.0.tar.gz

P.S If they don't make Scribus crash for you, do you have any idea about
what might be the reason for it to crash here?

Literature is mostly about having sex and not much about having children.
Life is the other way around.
		-- David Lodge, "The British Museum is Falling Down"

--
Javier Marcet <javier at marcet.info>