[Scribus] Bug or Feature?

Paraplegic Racehorse Paraplegic_Racehorse
Fri Mar 5 22:01:15 CET 2004

Wayne Maeda wrote:

>On Friday 05 March 2004 01:14 pm, Craig Bradney wrote:
>

>>Hi Rolf,
>>

>>>- When I determine a border, Scribus will not print outside that border.
>>>

>>There are also Distance of Text settings on the shapes tab of the
>>Properties Palette. You might want to try setting them instead of
>>reducing the border size.
>>

>Correct me if I'm wrong but I think what Rolf means is that the page margins
>determine your print boundries. Anything outside of the margins will not be
>printed. So if your left margin is 2", anything within that 2" strip will not
>be printed. If a graphic overflows into that margin, it will be chopped off.
>I found this out the hard way so now I set all of my page margins to 0 and
>just use the guides instead.

That is what I gathered from the original post, as well as my personal
experience and work-around.  I think my biggest complaint about this
particular misfeature is that I cannot set items outside of the
printable area for easy access on the pasteboard. The closest thing I
can do is toss it on the gallery. However, while designing the original
layout, it is really convenient to be able to move things off the page
and then back again. I'd like to see this implemented, at some point.