[Scribus] Bug or Feature?

Wayne Maeda iw
Fri Mar 5 09:41:13 CET 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 01:14 pm, Craig Bradney wrote:

> Hi Rolf,
>
> > - When I determine a border, Scribus will not print outside that border.
> > Maybe this makes sense to some people, but when I want to use the border
> > for page numbers or footers or pictures falling out of the ordinary
> > layout or anything else at times, it is only possible when I set the
> > border to nearly 0. Else it won't print there. This would be ok, but the
> > option to have text frames inserted to every new page depends on these
> > borders. Even if such a behaviour of border made sense, shouldn't new
> > text frames be based on some kind of different confines? Now I will have
> > to fix the borders for every new page to have any new text frames be
> > inserted correctly, and then reconfigure them to have any objects lying
> > outside be printed.
>
> There are also Distance of Text settings on the shapes tab of the
> Properties Palette. You might want to try setting them instead of
> reducing the border size.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think what Rolf means is that the page margins
determine your print boundries. Anything outside of the margins will not be
printed. So if your left margin is 2", anything within that 2" strip will not
be printed. If a graphic overflows into that margin, it will be chopped off.
I found this out the hard way so now I set all of my page margins to 0 and
just use the guides instead.

Wayne