[Scribus] 1. Page orientation -- printing 2. colors

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Mar 1 15:33:05 CET 2004

1.  I just set up a new document with a landscape orientation because
all I wanted was a sideways page to work with, then made a text frame.

When I printed it, the default printing was portrait, so the placement
was not correct.  It turns out that you need to go into Options in the
Print requester and switch to Landscape there, too.

Seems unnecessary or counterintuitive to have to do this when using a
standard size paper (A4 or letter).

2. Colors: it's a bit dizzying, but nice to have all the color choices.
The 'Remove Unused' feature is a good addition.  What would be a further
nice addition would be a way to either restore the removed colors, or at
least have an easy built-in way to choose from the default list when you
want to later Add/Append colors.
I imagine many of those on the list who are into professional printing
have their own custom lists, but most people like me are happy to work
with a robust built-in list.
I am also wondering if there is a way to have the colors arranged by
some sort of palette/hue/saturation or even a custom list rather than
alphabetical by name.

Gregory Pittman